SUMMARY: I am a psychiatrist with 33 years of clinical experience in many diverse settings. I am currently specializing in addiction psychiatry as well as adult general psychiatry. Writing has always been an interest, and I have written for local newspapers. I have met my objectives as a clinician, and I’m now expanding my writing career. My primary goal is to make cutting edge medical/psychiatric information available to the general public.
Board Certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, June 1984.
- Member American Psychiatric Association
- Member American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Member American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
- Member Women Who Write, Louisville, KY.
- Graduate of the Emma Hitt Medical Writing Course, February 2015.
My recent blog about Recovery Month (September, 2016) was reprinted on the University of Louisville Physicians website (www.uoflphysicians.com).
My guest blog, Why This Physician Loves Treating Addiction, was on the kevinmd.com site in October, 2016.
I am currently writing research updates for The Carlat Report.